Thursday, December 19, 2019

Trip to Pittsburgh

I stayed in Pittsburgh from Dec 3rd to Dec 13th. It was an interesting time. I enjoyed catching up with my cousin Allen and I was so grateful to spend another week at his place after he left on his trip.  I stayed in downtown Pittsburgh and the time i had alone was great to relieve some of my anxiety about dealing with life in Toronto and an unhappy home life. It was also a good time to lick my wounds from an unrequited love breakup..i was really into her and she ended up viewing me as a friend. It hurts and still stings like a motherfucker. Of course I only think about the good things and put her up on a pedestal....but this is not what this post is about.
It's about discovering who the real me is, away from the pretense and people pleasing and sticking to norms. I really do miss my independence, i really couldn't do much in my cousin's place, i had to take care of his place. and I'm so used to putting the shackles on myself...be a good responsible boy and don't rock the boat...

Pictures say a thousand words. I got a tattoo, that was the highlight and oh so painful to get. I had a massage from a beautiful Chinese lady with a happy ending. I saw a hockey game. I went to an OA meeting and an ACA meeting. I worked out every day and got into a routine of drinking good green protein shakes which i've carried over and is the highlight of my morning. I got used to 5am wakeups and 5:30 workouts. Who is this Cat? I visited the Pittsburgh symphony for a rendition of Handel's messiah, i was moved at the Hallelujah chorus..wow! I talked to a beautiful but oh so mess up young lady at the ACA meeting. I took the bus to Target. I went to an amazing Church and listened to those incredible pipe organs, it stirred my soul.I stayed to talk with the pastor and introduced myself as being from Toronto, that was nice the people were friendly.  I went to see a mummy exhibit and the Pittsburgh Carnegie Science Center..that wasn't so cool but I enjoyed the robot demonstration, i loved how they had a robot consistently banking a basketball shot in every time.  I played air hockey with a robot arm..that was scary cool.  And such a lovely miniature train world. i visited the Pittsburgh market and gave a lot of money to Starbucks!












No comments: