I helped a lady move her car today. as i drove in, i saw that she was having a hard time coming out and i knew that she needed help. I went to her and started guiding her but she was struglling. then she came out of the car and asked me if i could move it, and i told her that I would get my scraper and then she took it and she started scraping. i got into her car and i looked behind me and I saw her daughter sitting in a child seat, she must have been about 6. i said hi to her and she didn’t say anything, she just looked at me. The lady then came to me and told me there was a rear view monitor in the car and I just told her to clear the other side of the rear view mirror. The lady was muslim and was wearing a hijab. I then proceeded to move the car closer to the right and then i had an idea that i was going to swing out carefully without trying to hit the car to the left of me. i did that and i gently guided the car out, coming ever so close to the car to the left of me without actually hitting it and then as I reverssed i could see the car in the rear view mirror and then i backed up the car at an angle and when i was clear, i moved the car forward and then got out. the lady thanked me and i went off. I was so happy with myself. i didn’t need to tell anyone because i was doing it out of the genuine kindness of my heart as so many people have been kind to me.
I attended an OA meeting and I was the only guy there, i noticed a beautiful young latina woman and I was visibily aware of her. i also saw a newcomer and i sat next to her, there was Bronia who was lovely to see, she is always such a calming presence and she told me to come on Tuesday. I got many hugs and I especially liked hugging the older lady next to me and the newcomer. I felt very positive about the experience, prior to that i called anoop and we connected so that was really nice also. Swaraj is having doug over for dinner and I so just want to cancel and not be sociable but I realize that it’s important for me to chat with others and practice my social skills, i have been very inwardly focussed and i know that my mind can be a dangerous place to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment