Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Activities yesterday in costa Rica.



Yesterday started with room service at 6am. Vash and i were up early so decided to have a light breakfast before our swim. I had fresh squeezed papaya and pineapple and a plate of fruits and granola. Vash needed protein so she had beans and rice :)

At 8am I met my niece and mom and we all went swimming in the giant pool. We did laps and taya and vash and I were racing. Taya is an amazing swimmer and she beat us both. I was helping mom to swim. Watching her as she did long laps. After staying in the pool for a couple hours we went for the buffet breakfast which was really good. The food so far has been excellent, the best of any all inclusive that I've stayed at. There is a lot of choice. After the meal, we hung out at the beach for the first time on the trip. The water was warm and it was a very hot day. Prior to going I bought a cowboy hat and hat for my mom to help block the strong sun. My nephews and I had a lot of fun in the water. The undercurrent was very strong but we were safe because we didn't venture too deep. Also there is quite a big drop at the hotel beach and it's got a lot of crushed rock at the bottom so it's not the best beach to swim at. After doing this for a couple hours and having virgin cocktails, we decided to rent 4x4 RVs and do a 2 hour excursion along the beach and through wilderness trails and on the road of neighboring towns. It was a ton of fun! Thanks to my brother Rodney for organizing. He is an amazing planner and organizer for fun things. I rode with my little nephew jett and he didn't want to be last so we always pushed the throttle to beat everyone else. It was my first experience riding a 4x4 all terrain bike and it definitely won't be my last.

Midway through the ride we stopped at a beautiful calm stretch of beach and we all got in to swim. This was so much better than the previous rough beach and it we all had a blast swimming. We got back in our bikes and made our way back to the hotel via beautiful nature trails,  we got the feeling like we were really riding in the wilderness.  After this we had lunch at the pizza place and I took the kids to swim at the pool. I played ping pong with my niece. The boys have an abundance of energy. Wow I needed a nap after so I went to the room and slept in wonderful AC. I got out of bed around 7:30 and it was time to get ready for Dinner at the Italian restaurant. This restaurant is the best dining restaurant at the resort and it had a lovely ambiance with a live saxophone player who played really fun hits from the past. He came to our table and played to the kids who loved it! I had a good 4 course meal and was stuffed. When we came back to my place, I chatted to my sister for a bit and then watched a bit of Delhi Belly an Indian movie that I started a month ago but yet to finish :) it was nice to hit the comfy bed and pass out!


No comments: