Friday, May 28, 2010

O marathon Gods, give me a nice ride.

on Sunday at 7am is my first marathon. Why am I doing it..I'm not sure, it sounded like a good idea at the time. I am considerably more humble in my expectations of this run. Initially i was targeting 4hrs - 4.5 hours but I will settle for 5hours and a nice comfortable finish. I want to take in the view of the parliament buildings and the canal and soak up the atmosphere of all the thousands of runners. I'm looking forward to the crowds cheering, the multi faces of running. I remember the last half marathon, running behind a blind guy who was holding on to a rope and keeping pace with a partner runner. damn that was inspiring. Also remember thinking i was hot shit and being passed by a woman in her 50s...so there, lots to learn about myself and appreciate during the race.

Peace out and much love,
Krisen the 42k man.

No comments: